♥ Living Hopes | Living Life ♥

I'm an ordinary girl, just like other typical girls. I take life as it is, good or bad, easy or hard and i enjoy the finest things in life. After all,it would be a real waste not to. Life's short, enjoy and live it the way u want it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

I feel contented and blessed. God gave me a wonderful and lovely family.I also feel loved bcoz He gave me lotsa great friends that care and are always there for me no matter what the weather outside may be and am also grateful for each and every person that He wants me to meet.Most of all, i'm thankful for the blessings that He has showered and the beautiful, finest things that I appreaciate and enjoy in life.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Goodbye…


3rd March 2007. My brother’s hamster died today. He was given two hamsters as his birthday present 2 years ago. Hazel and Joy. Both the girls are active, naughty yet adorable. 2 days ago, my brother found Hazel not behaving like usual and her body started to swell and turned yellowish. Took her to the doc or I should say, the vet and was immediately diagnosed with liver problem probably inherited. Poor baby, she couldn’t really move nor eat and all she does all day was sleeping in her fav corner. Medication was given to her as told and food has to be pounded and put into the syringe to be injected into her mouth. This morning, when I visited her, her abdomen was no longer yellow. We were all happy and as we thought she had a chance of recovery. But who knew, she breathed her last breath this afternoon while my brother was at tuition. My mom and I only discovered that her lil’ heart wasn’t pumping anymore when we wanted to feed her. We gently stroke her to wake her up but she didn’t move and my mom said her body has hardened. I couldn’t help but tears stung my eyes as I held the lil’ body in my hands. Mom said at least we know that she does not have to suffer from her illness anymore. Although I wasn’t so close to her, I do feel sad and both the girls are like part of my family. Without realizing it, I have slowly become attached to them as well. After my brother came back, we buried her at the back of the yard and my mom picked all different kinds of flowers from her garden to be buried together with Hazel. One lesson I learnt today, never take things or people around you for granted because it’s only when u lose them then u’ll realize how much they mean to you. And when that happens, it’s usually too late. Now, all I have are memories of her and of cos pics. However, I thanked God for having her in my life and for all the little memories she’ll leave in my mind.



We’ll miss you Hazel dear. Rest in peace. +

-me-

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

omg.. so sad

i used to own hamsters too

i adore hamsters soo much

ur post made me cry in the library now.. haha in college some more..

luckily i was d onli one here.. together with a lecturer behind searching for books!
all rush to watch Gary Chou..lol

Sniff sad post

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home