♥ Living Hopes | Living Life ♥

I'm an ordinary girl, just like other typical girls. I take life as it is, good or bad, easy or hard and i enjoy the finest things in life. After all,it would be a real waste not to. Life's short, enjoy and live it the way u want it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

I feel contented and blessed. God gave me a wonderful and lovely family.I also feel loved bcoz He gave me lotsa great friends that care and are always there for me no matter what the weather outside may be and am also grateful for each and every person that He wants me to meet.Most of all, i'm thankful for the blessings that He has showered and the beautiful, finest things that I appreaciate and enjoy in life.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Today marks the fourth day of me working in a small Japanese Restaurant. Yes...u've heard me right.

Natalie's got a part-time job and working!!!!

My pay is not that great but at least I can say that, i don't have to keep leeching off of my parents for the things that i want. hohoho..yeahh, no more daddy's baby girl.

However, there's one thing that i really cannot stand working there. Never mind the bruises and chipped nails that I've successfully acquired, i could not stand hearing my employers speak. You see, it is a family owned japanese restaurant but ironically, it is owned by a chinese family from China. And my....it is so hard trying to listen to them when they speak english. So they communicate with me in mandarin. Those that know me would know my mandarin ain't that great but still, i was able to understand them and communicate with them in mandarin the past few days.

One of the things that i dread hearing is their pronunciation. once or twice never mind...but for how many hours a day.....somehow just bothers me. Don't ask me why cos i dunno why too. tell me, how many of u can stand listening to "soosee (sushi), saseemi (sashimi), spesiawl (special), ootong (udon) and kootuna (cooked tuna) all day long??? What's worst was when they say it in a sing song china style and yet in some way wanna copy the ang mo accent. OMG!!!!! I'm actually dreading and i fear....im worried that being too long around them i'll be "infected" with their sing song style english also. i fear that they will "infect" me!!!!! shucks! Howw???!!! will they??
I'm not saying that my ENGLAND IS SO THE POWDERFUL BUT STILL, i believe it's still important that u've got your pronunciation right especially when u r running a business dealing with a huge majorty of ang mo customers. Sighhhh....i dunno if it's only me...maybe it's just me being petty over little things but i just cant stand hearing it. Maybe I have OCD...some disorder for pronunciation? Omigosh. LOL. Siaw liaw...


or maybe...i'm such a spoilt brat myself, still daddy's girl...or maybe i just complain too much???
ignore me...just let me be.



my lunch today :)


nope, not everyday i get to eat sushi from work.




PS: sorry for ranting so much this time round. just needed to get it out of my system. heh :P

anyways, all this working is making me tired. gotta sleep early...need to work two shifts tomorrow.



Nite nite peeps~


xoxo
`me

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home