♥ Living Hopes | Living Life ♥

I'm an ordinary girl, just like other typical girls. I take life as it is, good or bad, easy or hard and i enjoy the finest things in life. After all,it would be a real waste not to. Life's short, enjoy and live it the way u want it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia

I feel contented and blessed. God gave me a wonderful and lovely family.I also feel loved bcoz He gave me lotsa great friends that care and are always there for me no matter what the weather outside may be and am also grateful for each and every person that He wants me to meet.Most of all, i'm thankful for the blessings that He has showered and the beautiful, finest things that I appreaciate and enjoy in life.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Grandma's 80th

Sorry was busy and probably too lazy to blog too until like...now. :)

Venue: Hornbill Restaurant, Sarawak Club

Date: 20th August, Monday

My grandma’s children decided to celebrate this event with their close friends, relatives and some of my grandma’s old friends who were still alive. Preparations had been done months ago to ensure smooth sailing plans and it’s a big family event where my uncle and his family flew back from Sydney for this occasion. My cousin working in Perth too, took leave to celebrate grandma’s 80th. All my grandma’s children were hosts and OCs so we, her remaining grandchildren who are still in Kch (less than half), were ushers. Yeap…that’s rite. I don’t know about my other cousins but I was definitely beat when the nite ended. I was practically running up and down the ball room doing ushering and directing guests to their tables according to a list of seating arrangements. Sure, I didn’t know or probably haven’t seen some of the relatives or the other guests before, so had to stop them at the door to ask for their names. Like some ID check or smth. Lol. And my toes and heels were aching cos was standing most of the time and running around in high heels. Bo pien...ai sui ba. =P Also, had to become photographer that nite for my dad and uncle. Had to help to entertain the guests also and so the nite was also about ‘berbonding’ with relatives and parents’ friends. Tired but easy job bcoz I didn’t have to think much. They were all practically saying the same thing like, “Whoa…so big already ah. I remembered seeing u as a baby last time” or “Are u so and so’s daughter? Aiyo… study in U already ah? U were only a lil girl when I saw u. so fast hoh?”. All I need to answer is “ ya lor…” or “si lor auntie”. Lol…yeah that was it. Well, what to expect at this kinda events rite? Esp when they were the ones who saw you when you were a baby. Okay...enough of that. Well, everything went well and as planned. Food was yummy too! My favourite is the famous Sarawak Club Butter Prawns!! Heheh… We were all tired when it ended but happy and good to see grandma so happy. It was definitely Her Big Day. We luv u, grandma.

With Luv,

~me

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home